Introduction

Hello and welcome to An Anthropology of BookTube. My name is Morag (aka. TheRaggysWorld). And this project is part of my dissertation.

I am a finally year student studying Anthopology (Anthropology is the study of humans). Social anthropology, which is the aspect in particular I study, focuses on learning about societies and cultures all over the world, online and offline. Learning what people do and why. 

For my dissertation I have chosen to focus on the BookTube community. The purpose is to gain an understanding of the BookTube community. To understand how it works, how people participate and the overall social and community experience.

As part of my research I will be conducting interviews, talking and participating in the Booktube community as well as looking into wider research into online communities and theoretical discussions about community.

I hope that this blog post has been informative. This video will give you a bit more information on the project:

If you would like to know more then please feel free to contact me:
raggysworld@yahoo.co.uk

P.S: For Ethical reasons I will unfortunately be unable to interview anyone under the age of 16

Comments

  1. Hi! Right now I'm writing one final work for one of my courses, I'm student of anthropology, and I want to cite your YouTube channel and some of its content because I think you are the first person who did a virtual ethnography about BookTube, (and wrote a dissertation about) but I see you put those videos as private... And that's soo sad.
    Thanks for your work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment